Plant a child care garden!
Early Literacy Kits
Ask your local library to borrow these theme-based
kits of books and toys for you on interlibrary loan.
The Wisconsin Child Care Information Center (CCIC) is a mail-order lending library and information clearinghouse serving anyone in Wisconsin working in the field of child care and early childhood education. Our goal is to help Wisconsin child care professionals give the best possible start to Wisconsin's children.
- Free brochures, tip sheets and magazine article reprints.
- The CCIC Newsletter is emailed automatically to those who add their email address to the Child Care Email Subscription List.
- Books, DVDs and CDs to borrow for problem-solving, continuing education, mentoring, in-service programs, workshops and classes via Our Library.
- Customized learning packets on topics requested by you. Please contact us by phone, email, fax or mail (contact info at bottom of page).
- Books to purchase: Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards.
- Help finding education and training opportunities.
- Referrals to other child care agencies and experts.
Wisconsin Professional Guidance Resources
Wisconsin Core Competencies for Professionals Working with Young Children & Their Families ― Competencias básicas de Wisconsin para profesionales que trabajan con niños pequeños y sus familias ― is a book of expectations for what the early childhood workforce should know (content) and be able to do (skills) in a respectful & competent manner (attitudes) in their roles working with and/or on behalf of children and their families.
Wisconsin Training and Technical Assistance Professional (T-TAP) Competencies for Early Childhood and Related Professionals Working with Adults is a book about the knowledge, skills, and dispositions Training and Technical Assistance (T-TA) Professionals should have in order to provide high quality training, mentoring, coaching, consultation, professional development counseling, and peer-to-peer technical assistance to those who work directly with children and families.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-800-362-7353 to request free print copies of the two documents.
Visit the Wisconsin Early Childhood Collaborating Partners website to find other professional guidance resources.
CCIC is sponsored by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, Division of Early Care and Education, and is administered by the Department of Public Instruction, Resources for Libraries and Lifelong Learning. We welcome your questions, comments and suggestions.
Use the above navigation buttons to access our site.
Questions??? Call us at 1-800-362-7353.